Building my first homepage using WordPress

Website Here:  

My ArcticMonkeys 


To help with learning the conventions of a website to particular genre of music we had the opportunity to build a website using Wordpress. I found this to be a very helpful as well as fun exercise to help me get a grasp of the conventions, in my case of Alternative Rock genre.


I choose to create a new website for the Arctic Monkeys, from my research about the type of websites used in this particular genre i learnt that they like to keep the colour scheme simple and not to bright. This is why I choose to simply just use black and white and to also make the picture I used black and white. The use of a very large picture is also something i found very common when i looked at similar websites, i used this because it's important to promote the people behind the music rther than just have an abstract shapes which is something you might find in a house/electro music genre. 


On my home page i believed it would be most important to promote their new music and old music by having clickable links which would send you straight to the itunes album page. I also had embedded  all their latest music videos which allows fans to easily see what they have been producing recently but also new fans to watch their music videos for the first time. 


On the about page i simple just talked about where the band originated from and what each band members key role is. This was to simply show that they were organically created and to let new fans know more about them. On every page you can see under the logo that it says 'AM out now' this is promoting their new album and allows them to easily advertise their new album on every page.


I decided to create a tour page because in this particular type of genre a huge part of the year is taken up by tours and because it's festival season i decided to fill it with the festivals that the Arctic Monkeys are playing at this year. In the widgets page I chose to also include a countdown to the festivals as well as a link to their social networks. This makes it easier for fans to go to their social networks and be connected to the life the band lives and feel like they are experiencing what the band is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.