Task 1: Conclusion

In evaluation of the question set I feel that I have drawn on the conventions of media products in my own campaign.  This use of these conventions is evident in the construction of my own products, for example in our music video we have a dance routine which is typical of this type of genre of music. We also have a merchandise store on our website which is typical of an artist to include on their web page. This is supported by my own research of current artist such as Eryka Badu, Rihanna and Lauryn Hill.
At the same time I have sought to develop and been able to challenge conventions, for example, I have produced a digipak with a number of elements such as foreign language which is not what is typically seen on a album.  The reason why feel that I have achieved this is to differentiate my product in a competitive music industry market and I have attempted to challenge audience expectations, bring something new to the media forms.  Media Conventions are ultimately relied upon for communicating the right message to the intended audience, but also deviate from these expectations helps sell the star image that I wanted to promote. Audiences produce meaning from the interaction of the conventional material in a text, and their understanding of conventions, for example in my music video the audience were able to convey that we had a women empowering theme throughout the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.